Sunday 11 March 2012

A real London day out...with Nadi!

Day: 7

Today was my real London day out with the awesome Nadia.

She had rightly figured that I would have done all of the tourist-y London stuff and so she planned a day of what she calls real London.

We had Lunch in Richmond a real English Pub lunch (I had cottage pie) then to Putney and a walk on the river, then a walk around the markets Clapham Junction. Had a cider by the river Thames in the sun. Then onto Shepherds Bush where I had the pleasure (?!) of experiencing the Walkabout (and the overflow from the Church).

The Walkabout is a sorry excuse for an 'Australian' pub that is very popluar. It is not at all like an Australian pub in decor or food/drink (Roo steaks and Snakebite) served but it is exactly like an Australian pub in clientele (drunken idiots) and music played (classic pub rock). The added bonus is that everyone is dressed up in stupid costumes (the highlight being a very tall young guy dressed as a crocodile, dancing in the street! Had Nadia and I in stiches!!) which makes it highly entertaining!

What is Snakebite you might be asking....? well Snakebite is a disgusting concoction of half lager, half cider topped off with blackcurrent cordial. Nadia made my try one just to say that I have....and never will again. It was disgusting! The Walkabout was hilarious and I'm glad we finished our day there :)

Unfortunatly I was having so much fun and feeling so much like a true Londoner, I didn't take any photos!!

To really cap off my real London experience Lola, Pablo, Yeray (Lola's lovely Spanish boys) and I had a curry on Brick Lane. How very London!!

No comments:

Followers