Monday 12 March 2012

Lastly London

Day: 8

Today is my last day in London!!! No!! How can that be.... I have only just arrived!!

Today's activities include a backstage tour of the Royal National Theatre, a 'flight' on the London Eye and some last minute shopping.

The Royal National Theatre was incredible. To be able to go behind the scenes and see how it alls works on such a large scale was so interesting. Oh how it made me miss the stage!!!!

Unfortunately (due to copyright of the sets etc) we weren't allowed to take photos but the experience will stay with me for a long time. The sheer scale of it, the smells of sawdust and paint and the indeterminable feel that all theaters have. That deafening silence, as though the theatre itself is holding its breath, waiting. Waiting for those first footsteps to break the silence and shatter the stillness.

Next, a 'flight' over London in the infamous (if not a little bit ugly) London Eye. It does go quite high and gives an incredible view all over London. Unfortunately, even though it was a sunny day it was still hazy so not ideal for picture taking.








The last minute shopping was for my darling (and now spoiled) nephew. It involved a trip to Hamleys, one of the biggest toy shops in the world which has been at its Regent St, London address for over 250 years. I also did some shopping at Debenhams for some very specific clothing that was requested for said nephew.

I'm not going to show a photo of what I bought because I want it to be a surprise for his mummy. Suffice to say I think they will both be very impressed when a large parcel arrives in a few days :)


Tomorrow I am off to France. I have loved London and will be sad to go but the show (and my trip) must go on so Paris it is....!

No comments:

Followers