Tuesday 13 March 2012

Bonjour Paree!

Day: 9

I have arrived in Paris!!

After the mad dash to the Eurostar and a quick 2 1/2 hour train ride under the Channel I have made it to the fair city of Paris.

I didn't take more than two steps out of the Gare du Nord (The North Station) before I was completely lost. After a bit of backtracking and some merciful intervention from that wonderful invention of technology (the iPhone map) I finally made it to the hostel!

I have never been so glad to see a faded old sign. This one happily said 'Hostel' and I had finally found my home for the next few days. More importantly I had found somewhere I could put down my damn backpack!!  I had been lugging that thing around for more than an hour as I wandered around lost and I was starting to feel every kilogram!

No comments:

Followers