Sunday 25 March 2012

Backpackers Best Friends!

 Day: 26

Today I travelled from Genoa to Florence. I am getting much better with the navigation and haven't gotten lost going to my accommodation here or in Genoa. There was only one almost hiccup on this trip. I fell asleep on the train and almost missed my changeover in Pisa. Close call!!

The hostel in Florence is huge and much better organised than some I've stayed (Nice, I'm looking at you).

My roommates are a lovely Japanese girl, Sayo, who I have become friends with and a pair of Argentinean sisters, ?? & ??.

At this hostel I have had the pleasure (?!) of having two very special hostel only experiences. One is the late night mysterious roommate in the form of a girl who arrived well past midnight, was asleep with a blanket over her head when I got up and was gone when I returned. The second was drunken inhabitants of the rooms next door/down the hall. Noisy and didn't care who they disturbed. Due to both of these I finally had to break out what my Canadian backpacker friend Clodie calls the "Backpackers Best Friends" aka earplugs and an eye mask.

No comments:

Followers