Sunday 30 January 2011

Sewing class tomorrow...

I'm very excited. Tomorrow is my fist sewing class at The Sewing Workshop.

I already know how to sew, having learned from Mum and then later at high school but it has been so long since I have done any real sewing. I have done small projects and mending etc but sewing something substantial from a pattern is very different so I decided I needed a bit of help.

I found Ana's Sewing School, which is not too far from my house and looks to be exactly what I am looking for. I have been on the waiting list for a while and finally my first class is tomorrow.

The project I have picked to start with is this skirt.

It is not too difficult that I would struggle and get frustrated but it is not so simple that I'm not going to learn anything either. The skirt I am making is the one being modelled (A).This came about from both choice and necessity.

A little while ago I went fabric shopping with AJ and Helen and picked out some great fabric with this class in mind. Unfortunately I made the very silly choice of buying the fabric before having a pattern so of course I ended up with not enough fabric. Thankfully this pattern calls for a contrasting band of fabric around the bottom thus allowing me to use my original chosen fabric and just buying a matching contrasting fabric. Phew!

This is the fabric I have chosen. (The flash makes the colours go a bit strange. Those tiny flowers are actually a lime green). I have a matching red fabric for the bottom band and now I just have to find a top to go with it once it is finished. Maybe something in brown....

1 comment:

Helen said...

Cee!!! Your comments are set up to no reply so I can't say thank you for commenting on my blog about the girls first day back at school. Thank you. :) Your the second person today who has said that about Milly looking like me. Poor poppet! LOL

So, how did the sewing class go?? We need an update please!

Followers