Monday 3 January 2011

Fabric Shopping Fiesta!

A couple of days ago I went on a fabric shopping trip with AJ and Helen (who was visiting from WA). It was a great day of driving around visiting a couple of different quilting and fabric shops. I was a bit scared because AJ and Helen are quilters extraordinaire and both have amazing fabric collections so I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into. It turned out to be a great day and I got very excited because I started my very own fabric stash!!! I hope AJ and Helen are proud of me! :)

I got a couple of different fabrics for some dresses, some new scissors and thread snips, bobbins and a little storage box for them to go in and a 1/4 inch foot for my machine.


I am planning on using this for a skirt (with plans for a matching top later on, I think in brown satin)


These two are for dresses.


This is the pattern I'm going to use for the above fabric.

I think I need a bit of sewing instruction before I attempt these. I haven't sewed in years!!!

Luckily I have some sewing classes booked in so it won't be long before I can get started!!

1 comment:

AJ said...

HOw come both you and Helen got free gifts from that last shop...and I didn't!

Followers