Wednesday 2 February 2011

Skirt Project Progress

I had my first sewing class yesterday. It was really great. The other girls in the class were nice and it is a really great atmosphere. It all very loose and informal. Everyone just works at their own pace, on their own projects but there's help there when it's needed.



I got all of my pattern cut out, pinned to my fabric and got my fabric cut out too. I even started to pin the cut pieces together to start stitching. I didn't quite get to stitching despite being there for three hours.

I took the steps very slowly until I gain a bit of confidence. It took me that bit longer because I had Bronwyn (the instructor) check each step before I continued. Hopefully as I get more comfortable I'll be able to move a bit faster but for now I really don't want to stuff it up!

2 comments:

AJ said...

You should have cut the paper pattern out before you went silly girl! More sewing time in the lesson....looking good though!

Cee said...

As it was my first class the instructors asked us not to pre-cut the pattern. I think that was so they could check that the pattern I wanted to use was going to be suitable. Yup all good so far but fingers crossed for the sewing bit. Hopefully there won't be too much unpicking...!!!

Followers