Monday 10 January 2011

The Sewing Room

The constant rainy weather is starting to get to me. Everything feels damp and I miss seeing the sunshine.

Because I was stuck inside all weekend I decided to do a little remodelling. Nothing structural, I just moved around some furniture to make my house more...usable.

Previously, I had a spare room and an office/sewing room. The office/sewing was always a mess and not actually use for sewing or studying. The spare room was always beautiful and set-up (except for the pile of washing on the bed) but I rarely have visitors (that sounds a bit sad!).

During the holidays I cleaned out the office/sewing room and sorted out all of the crap that had accumulated over the few short months since I have been in this house so the room was lovely and tidy but still not really usable. 

My laptop lives out in the lounge room rather than in the office and when I study I sit at the dining room table. The spare room has really only been used once and so I decided that I would use the sewing room much more often. I needed more space for the sewing room to actually be usable so I did a little bit of thinking and figured out a way to move my furniture around to fit it all in, plus an extra table.

I now have a office/spare room and a single dedicated sewing room, with a table just for my machine, a cutting/work table and even have the ironing board in there too. I sorted out all my bits and pieces; fabrics, buttons, haberdashery, ribbons, millinery and just plain stuff so it all beautiful and organised.

Here is my newly organised sewing room.


It's a bit bare and not quite as impressive as some of these sewing/craft rooms on Tip Junkie but it will hopefully fulfill my needs for a while.

Now I just need to start sewing...

2 comments:

AJ said...

Looks great all tidy...now get sewing!

Cee said...

There is a lovely bare spot above my machine that is crying out for a wall quilt. I think that is what I will do with the quilt I make from your workshop :)

Followers