Wednesday 16 February 2011

Skirt Progress

I have pockets!!! And pleats!!

I am making definite progess on my skirt project. It is turning out to be easier than I expected. Everything so far is stuff I know how to do so it hasn't been too challenging yet but I have the zipper to go yet so we shall just see...

Last night I sewed and attached the pockets and I also basted the pleats in. I used the overlocker to finish off the edges of the pockets and the back seam and I LOVE IT. I wish I had an overlocker at home. It would just make everything so much easier. It was a bit scary to use at first though. It goes so much quicker than my machine and then there's the threat of the cutter!




It is starting to look like an actual garment. (apologies for the dodgy photos)

Next I have to join the front and back pieces, attach the yoke and the bottom panel and put in the zipper. Another session should get it pretty much finished. I'm very excited.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Lookin' Good sissy!! My overlocker gathers dust....plan an weekend to sew..well....you can babysit while I sew!

Paula said...

I love my overlocker - it gets much more use than my machine. It makes it so easy to take up hems on clothes for hubby!

Followers