Wednesday 16 March 2011

Skirt Progress

So close, yet so far....

I am so close to finishing my skirt but still not quite there. I finished the yoke and the facing and put in the zipper. I have now discovered that zippers are not fun. I got a little bit frustrated when I couldn’t get it sit right but luckily Bron was there to help me. I have decided that I am just going to have to do zipper after zipper until I get used to them. They will not beat me!!! My next challenge will be an invisible zipper, which I am told has a completely different technique.

My skirt is nearly done, I just have to finish off where the zipper joins the yoke and finish the bottom stripe of colour which will be simple. I would have liked to have got it finished yesterday but I got hung up on the zipper and ran out of time.

My next project will be one of my dresses and I have set myself the daunting task of having it finished in time to wear to my birthday. This will mean that I will have to do a lot of sewing at home on my own, which is a little scary but also exciting. I am getting much more confident on my machine now so I should be ok. I am still going to continue classes though because there is an unbelievable amount still to learn.

No comments:

Followers