Sunday 13 March 2011

Pin Cushions

Mandy’s Quilt-A-Long is next weekend. I am very much looking forward to it but I am not feeling at all prepared. My charm squares I ordered off Etsy haven’t arrived so I not able to buy backing, sashings, bindings etc until I see exactly what I have to match it with. Fingers crossed, crossed, crossed they arrive this week or I don’t know what I’ll be doing on Saturday!

As part of the quilt-a-long day there will be goody bags that everyone will be contributing to. As my contribution I made some very funky pin cushions.  

 Inspired by Carolyn's Homework, Sew a Straight Line, Hungry Hippie (found on Tip Junkie with some other amazing but more complicated pin cushions) and some craftiness of my own I followed their tutorials (for the most part) and this is what I produced.
They aren’t 100% professional looking, there are some minor glitches but I think they look pretty darn awesome and I’m proud that I made them.

Fabric Star




Felt Flower


Felt Cupcake



Denim Twist



Fabric and Foam Giftbox

1 comment:

AJ said...

These look good sis! Let me know when you have a free weekend and we can still have a sewing day!

Followers