Monday 2 February 2015

I'm baaaack!!!

Yes, I have returned once more to attempt my blog!! 

My last blog entry was in 2012 when I was travelling/backpacking through Europe. Wow. That was a long time ago.

All other things aside I have been to 5 more countries since then including Cambodia, Thailand, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Spain.




Of course, so much has happened in the past 3 years and I couldn't possibly summarise it all so instead I will start fresh from 2015....

The beginning of this year has found me starting a new life as a small town girl in rural QLD. After nearly 3 years of FlyIn/FlyOut I found myself a nice country boy and decided to settle down.

To say the least, small town country life has been an experience. It is so different from what I am used to and I doubt I will ever fully get used to the politics that comes with living in a community of less that 1500 people.

I do love the country life though. It has introduced me to many new things including shooting (eeek) and changed my attitude towards life somewhat. I find it very strange when I go back to Brisbane or to the Coast and I get a little bit overwhelmed or it takes me a minute to reacclimatise myself to the noise, people, traffic and bustle.




2015 is going to be a big year for me. Well, I have big plans.

Not least of all, my plans for 2015 include starting 3 new businesses. Yes three. I know, it sounds crazy to me too.

I will finish my massage therapy study this year and once that is completed I will launch Wellness & Light Massage Therapy, here in town.

Thanks to my dear friend, the Little Red Hen, I have been inspired to turn my crafting desires into something somewhat profitable and I have plans to start a market stall and sell my crafts under the name Blossom Jam Creations.

And thirdly, through the encouragement and inspiration of my darling Lola Dee, I have become an Arbonne Consultant. For the time being this may not get a much focus as my other projects/businesses but it something interesting to have on the side, with the potential to expand later.

Because juggling all those balls just doesn't seem enough (!!!) I have also, somewhat hesitantly, joined Carrose Creations and her Finish It Fifteen Challenge (here). It is a challenge to finish 15 projects you have on the go.

While I cannot come up with 15 right now I'm sure they will present themselves soon enough. I can however come up with a few, one of which I have already finished!!

1. Danelle's Baby Quilt - Pink Tea (finished!)

2. Shannon's Baby Quilt - Jelly Jam

3. Ellie's Quilt - Ellie's Romp

4. Our bed quilt - Queen Alice Blues

5. Lap Quilt for Tiff - Tiffany's Thunder Buddy

6. Disappearing 9 Patch - Camp Comfort (Orange and Blue)

Hmmm...these all seem to be quilts....

I completely blame AJ for my quilting bug. 

I've also started to 'name' all of my quilts. This is so it is easier to refer to them (rather than 'the blue and orange one' or 'the pink and brown one' etc) plus it's fun to come up with the names.

Looking at it now I think it is hugely ambitious to think I can finish 6 quilts in one year!! Oh well, it's not called a challenge for nothing.

I have a small side note to my Finish It Fifteen. Because I will be madly sewing for my crafting business I can only include things on my FI15 list if I don't intend to sell it

Great, making it harder for myself....not so smart :P



I'll get better at taking photos...I promise...


Other personal goals this year include replacing the horrible lino our house with some lovely floorboards and getting a puppy. Along with the usual, get fitter, eat healthier, exercise more etc etc.

Keep an eye out for my quilting and crafting escapades, as I intend to blog my little heart out. The hardest part is remembering to take photos along the way!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blog. Glad you started it up again!

Followers