Wednesday 18 February 2015

Colour Theory

Fabric. Over the past few years and especially recently, it has become one of the joys in my life.

Non-sewing/crafting people may not get it but there is something so joyful and beautiful about a crisp stack of fabric in fabulous colours, just begging to be unfurled and turned into something amazing.

I buy a lot of my fabrics online and seeing that parcel waiting for me in the post box can turn a bad day good and a good day even better.

There is something about the possibilities, the potential that is so exciting. It could be turned into a bag, a hat, a snuggly quilt for a new bub or just about anything. The list is endless.

Selecting fabrics for my projects is by far my favourite part of the process. My problem then lies in that I love my fabric so much I get scared and don't want to use it. What if I cut it up and make a mistake. What if I pair those fabrics together but the finished product doesn't look good. what if I stuff up the sewing and kill the entire project. I guess I am just a chicken. I'm a little ashamed to admit that there is more than one bundle of fabric in my stash that I am yet to use because I can't bear to use it. What if...what if...what if....!!

The other dark side of my fabric obsession is the buying of the fabric.

I have used the excuse of my new "Blossom Jam" adventure to buy fabric and "build my stash'. But I have to stop, for no other reason than I'm running out of storage room!

I know that my fabric stash is nowhere near the size of some of my more advanced sewing/quilting friends but I think I need to draw the line soon.

Saying that....I bought more fabric! Ooops!!

I take comfort in the fact that I know I am not the only one of my sewing/quilting/crafting friends that repeatedly says 'I cannot buy any more fabric for a while....oohh look that is gorgeous, I'll have 2 yards'

It's a sickness!!

One of my most recent acquisitions in my stash building fever is the beautiful 'Color Theory' by V & Co. for Moda Fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop.

Something about the colours just called to me and I was not disappointed.


Now I just have to have the courage to cut it up and make something amazing!

No comments:

Followers