Tuesday 6 October 2009

Blocktober...

Today's Blogtoberfest entry is called Blocktober, as in quilting blocks.

Unfortunately, I don't quilt myself. Considering my sewing machine has been in a entirely different state for the past 18 months, I barely sew let alone quilt (I hope to change this when I get my hands back on my sewing machine {watch this space}). My darling sister AJ, however, does quilt and makes beautiful quilts that more often than not she gives away as gifts.

I am the proud owner of her very first quilting project and I treasure it and give it the love it deserves.




AJ recently made a quilt that was commissioned by a friend of mine. It was requested that the commissioned quilt have stars so I did a quick search to see what "starry" quilts I could find. While on my search I came across this quilt called Cosmosdust. I loved it straight away.



What I didn't realise was that this particular quilt will be quite difficult to put together!! Oops sorry AJ!!

Being the darling sister that she is though, she has said that she will make this quilt for me (although I want a white background instead of the dark blue) however I don't think it will be any time soon as she now has my gorgeous little nephew to handle so the quilt might be a while off yet.

It's OK...i can be patient!

2 comments:

AJ said...

glad you still like that one Cee....you'll have to choose some fabric when you come up!

Helen said...

Now AJ has her new fancy machine, sewing that star quilt will be easy peasy!!!!

Followers